Surrey Nurturing Links GDPR Statement
New data protection legislation known as GDPR comes into effect from 25th May 2018. Under this legislation it is important that where data is collected, individuals understand the following:
- The purpose of data collection
- How their data will be used
- How it will be protected
- How they can ask for data on them to be made available to them and/or deleted
At Surrey Nurturing Links (SNL), we store data relating to:
- Practitioners who have booked and attended training with us, for the purpose of delivering the training and thereafter to support individuals. (Please see separate statement relating to practitioners.)
- Individuals who have attended courses, eg the HENRY or Family Links parent programmes, which is forwarded to us by practitioners. With respect to HENRY, this data is forwarded directly to HENRY for analysis and the production of reports. With respect to Family Links, SNL processes the data to produce anonymised reports.
- Individuals who have expressed an interest in our work, or those working in areas related to the delivery of HENRY or Family Links training and programmes, for example Children’s Centre managers, health professionals working with CNNs, HVs etc. This data allows us to provide details of future training and other activity.
- Companies or individuals providing services, eg freelance staff, suppliers etc.
At SNL, all data stored electronically is protected using username and password control, helping to ensure no unauthorised access. Sensitive personal data held in hard copy is stored in a lockable cabinet. SNL does not use systems for the purpose of automated decision-making.
Data subjects have a right to:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require SNL to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Request SNL to delete or stop processing their data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that SNL has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
If you have any further questions about how your data is used and protected, please contact email@example.com