Healthy Families: Right from the Start with HENRY Parent Group programme
The HENRY Group Programme is an 8 week course designed to give parents and carers of children up to the age of 5 years of age the tools and skills they need to provide a healthy family lifestyle. We know that parents want the best for their children, but in today’s busy, fast-food society, a healthy lifestyle isn’t always easy. HENRY helps by bringing together three important elements:
- Information about food and activity that is practical, easy to understand and helps the whole family to adopt a healthier lifestyle
- Support for parents and carers, helping you develop the confidence and skills to give your children a good start in life
- Changing old habits – practical strategies and support to help you make the changes you think will help your family
Each two and a half-hour session has two parts:
- Family Time: Parents, children and group facilitators chat, eat a healthy snack and play an active game together
- Parent Time: Parents explore the week’s topics while their young children are cared for in a crèche
The HENRY Health Families 8-week programme runs in Children’s Centres across Surrey each term. Click here to view the list of centres who run the HENRY parent groups.
Click here to view the list of HENRY parent groups running this term
Comments from parents:
“I’m so glad I did this course – do it!”
“This was the best thing I could possibly have done to help me be a better mum”
Healthy Families: Right from the Start with HENRY 1-to-1 programme
Like the HENRY Group programme, The HENRY 1-to-1 Programme is designed to give parents and carers of children up to the age of 5 years of age the tools and skills they need to provide a healthy family lifestyle but at a time to suit you. The Programme is relaxed and informal and runs over 8 to 10 sessions of about an hour. It will help you think about what’s going well in your family and offer some new ideas to get your children off to a great start in life. The 1-to-1 Programme is especially helpful if there are concerns about a baby or young child’s weight or if there are feeding difficulties. To find out more contact your local Children’s Centre or health visitor, or alternatively please contact Rachel Loxton, HENRY Project Support Worker on 01483 225596.
Click here to view a short video from HENRY – Healthy Eating Right from the Start